Are you looking for the best pub quiz questions? Then you have come to the right place!
On this page we will provide you with a few questions for free. With this knowledge you can impress your friends and colleagues in the same way.
Good pub quiz questions – that’s what counts
If you want to create a pub quiz yourself, you should make sure that you either focus on diversity or limit the questions already by choosing a suitable motto.
Decades or individual countries, for example, are good mottoes. When creating the questions, you should also categorize them. Divide your questions into different topics such as politics, history, sports, culture, general knowledge, art, literature or pop culture. We have already prepared some questions for you and packed them into different categories.
Pub Quiz General Knowledge Questions
- What does RTL stand for on the TV station of the same name?
Answer: Radio Télévision Luxembourg
- In which year did the Titanic sink in the Atlantic Ocean?
- What are the names of the four evangelists and what symbols do they have?
Answer: Matthew (man), Mark (lion), Luke (bull), and John (eagle).
- What is the name of the University of Frankfurt am Main?
Answer: Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University
- How many squares does a chessboard have?
- Who was French president from 1981 to 1995?
Answer: Francois Mitterand
- How many keys does a classical piano have?
- How many teeth does an adult human being have?
Answer: 32 (16 each in the upper and lower jaw, including wisdom teeth)
- In which year was the Euro introduced in Germany and Austria?
Pub Quiz Questions Sports
- For which teams did Dirk Nowitzky play in the NBA?
Answer: Only for the Dallas Mavericks
- What was the name of the first athlete sponsored by Red Bull?
Answer: Gerhard Berger
- Which trophy is played for in the American professional league NHL?
Answer: The Stanley Cup
- Where were the 1992 Olympic Games held?
- Which professional golfer has won the most major tournaments to date?
Answer: Jack Nicklaus
- Which apparel company was originally known as Blue Ribbon Sports?
- Which team won the first UEFA Champions League?
Answer: Olympique Marseilles
Pub Quiz Questions Geography
- What is the name of the capital of Kenya?
- How many cantons does Switzerland have?
- What is the name of the highest mountain in the USA?
Answer: Mount Denali (previously Mount McKinley, 6,190 meters)
- Which river is the longest in the world?
Answer: The Nile, 6650 km
- What is the name of the smallest German state in terms of area?
Pub Quiz Questions History
- Who is considered the author of the American Declaration of Independence?
Answer: Thomas Jefferson
- When did the Congress of Vienna take place?
Answer: The Congress of Vienna lasted from September 18, 1814 to June 9, 1815.
- In which year and in which place was the Kennedy assassination?
Answer: 1963 in Dallas, Texas
- Which two people were the first to climb Mount Everest?
Answer: Sir Edmond Hillary and Tenzing Norgay were the first people to climb Mount Everest on May 29, 1953.
- What was the name of the first Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany?
Answer: Konrad Adenauer
- Which event is considered to be the trigger of the Thirty Years’ War?
Answer: Defenestration of Prague
Pub Quiz Questions Natural Sciences
- What is the Pythagorean theorem?
Answer: The Pythagorean theorem is a2+b2=c2.
- What is the chemical symbol for silver?
- In which unit is electrical resistance measured?
Answer: In ohms – named after the German physicist and mathematician Georg Simon Ohm.
- What do antibiotics fight?
- Which planet in our solar system is closest to the sun?
Pub Quiz Questions Art and Pop Culture
- Which city did the Beatles come from?
- What was the name of the frontman of the band “Linkin Park”?
Answer: Chester Bennington
- Which artist painted the artwork “The Scream”?
Answer: Edvard Munch
- What was the name of the first Disney movie?
Answer: Snow White, 1937
- Which artist painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome?
Funny Pub Quiz Questions
- How do you spell letter carrier without the O?
Answer: letter carrier
- What lies between the sea and the land?
- Tom’s mother has three children: Tick, Trick and … ?
- Some months have 31 days, others 30. How many months have 28 days?
Answer: all 12
- How many of each kind of animal did Moses take with him on the ark?
Answer: Moses did not go on the ark but Noah did
- A fruit seller has a BMI of 25. What does he weigh?
Answer: Fruit. We can’t tell how much he weighs, but from his job title we can assume he weighs fruit.
Pub Quiz Questions Tips from the Pro
We have now provided you with some questions to guide you. Try to be as creative as possible when creating your own quiz.
As long-time professionals, we recommend avoiding multiple choice questions as much as possible. We rarely use multiple choice questions, because we think it is the most boring way to prepare questions.
Therefore, both online and at live events, we rely on many visual as well as auditory questions. It is also important to us that every team member can make a contribution to the success and that the questions are designed in such a way that they stimulate discussion.
Below I will give you an example of a visual question on the topic of literature:
By the way, the screenshot shown here is from our unique quiz platform Kwizkid, which allows you to easily create your own quizzes.
There’s a myriad of questions that you can prepare so visually beautiful. Here are a few examples:
- Fun with Flags (question about the flags of the different nations)
- Name TV characters
- Naming politicians
- Recognize dog breeds
Listening questions for Pub Quiz
Another popular category is listening questions. However, these are a bit more difficult to implement. Especially online, there can be complications with the sound quality. You can read more about this in a separate article.
Here are a few ideas for listening questions in a pub quiz:
- Play movie scene – guess the movie
- Play series melodies
- Play songs backwards (I can recommend the app Audacity for this.
Other popular types of quiz questions
There are still a number of great ideas you can add to your quiz.
Math and logic questions
Popular and feared at the same time
These are especially good for groups, as there is always discussion and you have to come to an agreement as a team.
Here is another example from our platform Kwizkid:
Guessing questions are also a good way to stimulate discussion in teams. However, when evaluating, make sure that you give the participants a certain amount of leeway in answering the question.
Now you should have enough ideas for your quiz from us. Nothing stands in the way of your success.
Support from Luki’s Pub Quiz
Creating a good pub quiz often takes several hours. If this is too much effort for you, Luki’s Pub Quiz offers the right solution. Currently we offer the following quizzes as a theme for a small license fee:
- Disney Quiz
- 80s Quiz
- 90s Quiz
- 2000 Years Quiz
- Around the World
- Europe Quiz
- Italo Special
- Sex, Drugs and Rock n`Roll
- Galaxy Calling
- Time Travel
- Disco Fever
- Back to School
- Heroes vs. Villains
- Love and Pride
- Harry Potter Quiz
- Vienna Quiz
- TV Series Special
- X-Mas Quiz
- Hollywood Quiz
- The Year 2022
- Friends vs. HIMYM
If we have aroused your interest and you are interested in our software Kwizkid or in a quiz by a professional at your next company event, just contact us! We are looking forward to your messages!